SNPhA is an educational service association of pharmacy students who are concerned about pharmacy and healthcare related issues, and the poor minority representation in pharmacy and other health-related professions.
The purpose of SNPhA is to plan, organize, coordinate and execute programs geared toward the improvement for the health, educational, and social environment of the community.
The National Pharmaceutical Association is the parent organization for SNPhA. SNPhA has the following initiatives : HIV/AIDS Initiative - “Remember the Ribbon”, Power to End Stroke, Chronic Kidney Disease Initiative – “KEEP SAKE,” Clinical Skills Competition, Legislation/Voting/Immigration Initiative, Operation Immunization, Clinical Disease Initiative, and Diabetes Initiative.
- To offer student members the opportunity to develop leadership and professional skill.
- To educate students about and promote active participation in national health care issues.
- To develop the role of the minority health professional as a vital member of the health care team.
- To develop within communities a positive image of minority health professionals.
- To educate communities on better health practices and to increase their awareness and understanding of diseases.